Return to Level 2 Restrictions Coronavirus COVID-19
In light of the growing concerns with community transmission of COVID-19, we are now following the recommendation from the Australian Dental Association (ADA) that dental practices in the Metropolitan area of Melbourne move back to Level 2 restrictions.
The services we will continue to provide include:
- Simple non-invasive fillings without the use of high-speed
- Some non-complex restorative procedures using rubber dam
- Non-surgical extractions
- Hygiene visits (with hand scaling only)
- Medical management of soft tissue presentations, such as
- TMJ dysfunction management
- Denture procedures
- Preventative procedures such as the application of fluoride
- Orthodontic assessment and treatment
- Drilling without the use of rubber dam, and highly invasive
oral surgeries, unless urgent, will need to be delayed.
If you have an appointment booked with us in the coming weeks, we will call you to confirm the appointment time, or to reschedule.
Our practice will maintain normal operating hours during this time, and we will continue to monitor the local COVID-19 situation and keep you updated with any further changes.
If you are concerned about being in lockdown, and your journey to and from your dental appointment, be assured that dental services are considered an ‘essential service’, and we can provide you with confirmation of your appointment.
Please continue to maintain your good social distancing habits, wear a mask when in public and feel free to contact us to discuss any upcoming dental appointments.
Dr Andre Schertel